Marc McNeill makes some interesting observations on how you can judge a company by the coffee facilities it provides its employees. He lists, in order of decreasing clue:
- Vending machine that serves [quality] coffee on free vend.
- Kettle and filter coffee / Cafetiere to make my own.
- Kettle. I buy my own instant coffee.
- Vending machine that serves [quality] coffee that I have to pay for.
- Vending machine that serves [tasteless] cofee that I insert coins into.
- Vending machine that serves [tasteless] coffee that I insert a vending card into.
Where I work, we have a choice of options three or six. We also have another, that slots in one side or the other of number four:
- Coffee bar that serves [quality[ish]] coffee that I have to pay [through the nose] for.
At the training centre where I’ll be on Wednesday (formerly a BT site, now run by Accenture), they’ve managed to find another option, which I guess ranks (and having tasted the coffee, I choose the word rank advisedly) at around 4.5:
- Vending machine that serves [tasteless] coffee on free vend.